Thursday, August 20, 2009

Free Stuff!!

So first off, apologies for 10 days without a post. I've been rather busy, however over that span I estimate I've watched around 30 matches, so look for thoughts on those later in the day.

But, to the point of this post! (Sorry if this reads like a terribly narrated story, was just so excited about it.)


When I got the mail in today, I was puzzled to receive something labeled Royal Mail. I figured it was junk, then realized I had sent in for a Times Online Wall Chart around 2 weeks ago. I opened the package and to my surprise, they had actually sent me a full sized wall poster.


The poster had previews of all 20 teams, with information on celebrity fans (my favorite- Mikail Gorbachev is an alleged Wigan supporter), title odds, and fixtures. The back side features a graphic on England's run to the World Cup.


I haven't even looked at the information on the poster, but the point of this post is to give loads of credit to the Times of London, first that they would give a poster like this away free to readers in the UK. And secondly, that they would give it away free to a person like myself in the United States, and on top of that pay for airmail postage to send it to me. Fantastically great of them.


The offer closes TODAY, so if you want one you still have some time. Go to http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/commercial/article6741578.ece

all they ask for is e-mail and home address.

Thanks again Times!

No comments:

Post a Comment